Summer Learning 暑期学习资料

Online Learning Resources 学习资源

Homework and Dictation 作业和听写

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Mandarin Resources (Apps & Mandarin strokes)

Hi families,

All audio files in homework & dictation page are working now, please give it a try (click "download" , then "view") and if you still have problems accessing the audio files, please let me know 😀

I am so happy to meet you at our conferences, thank you for all your warm welcomes. Thank you for being extremely supportive and helpful in your child's learning. We are truly a team working together to best support your child. :) 

Thank you for giving me many good feedbacks on our homework and some requests for more Mandarin resources. 

Below are some good iPhone/iPad/Andriod Apps I found that targeting stroke order practices, Mandarin character printing practices, and listening/reading skills practices. This might be a fun/engaging way to motivate kids to learn Mandarin.  I played around with all of those apps, and they all work pretty well. 

If you find some other good learning apps, please let me know so I can share it with our families. 





Stroke order practices 

I know many of you are working so hard on practicing our Mandarin stroke printing, I want to let you know that I think it is VERY important to learn the stroke order rules, however, students DO NOT need to know/memorize all of the stroke names (they only need to know a few basic ones---see picture below). If students are able to follow the correct stroke order rules when they print Mandarin characters, they are doing great! So please do not worry about memorizing name for each stroke :) 

Here are the stroke order rules: 




Basic strokes that students need to know:





Thank you! Have a good weekend! 祝你们有个美好的周末!

凡老师




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pictures of curling week

Hi Grade 1 & 2 friends and families, Here are some pictures I took during our curling residency week! We learned so much about curling...